Registering Your Business with the Government


Before you can bid on government contracts, you'll need to obtain a couple of registrations for your business.


    • Note:
      Approximately 4-5 business days after your SAM application is approved, NCAGE/CAGE Codes will be assigned and delivered by e-mail.

    • The Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) Code is a five position code that identifies contractors doing business with the Federal Government, NATO member nations, and other foreign governments. The CAGE Code is used to support a variety of mechanized systems throughout the government and provides for a standardized method of identifying a given facility at a specific location. The code may be used for a Facility Clearance, a pre-award survey, automated Bidders Lists, identification of Debarred Bidders, fast pay processes, etc.

  • Third:

    • Get a Marketing Partner Identification Number (MPIN)
      Create one when you register in Sams.  

  • Fourth:

    • Get your Online Representations and Certifications ( ORCA )
      ORCA is now an integral part of the SAM registration
      ORCA is an e-Government initiative that was designed by the Integrated Acquisition Environment (IAE) to replace the paper based Representations and Certifications (Reps and Certs) process.

      Before Starting Your Application and Before you can enter ORCA you must:

In addition will want to learn about and get:

Your Tax Payers Identification Number  (TIN)
Your Joint Certification Program Certification  (JCP)


 Marketing To The Defense Logistics Agency

Images and content displayed on - which are not the property of wgc or Brenco Supply
 are courtesy of our friends, family and customers as well as the U.S. Department of Defense.
 All rights reserved. Copy and or republication is not authorized without express written permission.

One Nation, One God, Liberty and Justice for All.

<input type="text" data-cke-saved-name="q" name="q" size="15 value=" "="" style="width: 90%">

Government Contracts

Overview of the Federal Contracting Procurement Process.

The Federal Acquisition Regulation ( FAR )

Basic Government Contracting Requirements

Help in Reading a Government Solicitation

Sam's Club offers Loan to Small Business.

Getting Started in Government Contracting

Small Business Government Help

Alphabetical Index

Site Map